ready to take the next step with your creative project?
To get a sense of how to best serve clients with a potential new design project requires gathering some initial information.
Think of it like this:
When you take your car to a mechanic, or go to the Docs to be treated for an injury or illness, each will ask you important initial questions about your “symptoms”. This allows them to gather some info and gain a better understanding of the situation, how they may be able help you and what the best solution may be to resolve it. Essentially, they need to diagnose before they can prescribe the right course of action that should be taken.
Complimentary consultations for new design projects work in a similar way. They are a non-sales pitchty opportunity to learn more about you, your business and your project’s objectives. Because if there’s anybody that knows your business best, it’s you!
1) Begins with your Initial Inquiry sent via email to
This is where you send some info about your project which includes:
- Name of your business or organization.
- What you do/your business industry.
- Where you are located (City, State).
- Type of project you’re interested in. (details please!)
- Your url/website address. (if you have one)
2) Next, would be the Project Qualifying Questionnaire
This is a few short questions which drills down and gathers a bit more details about your project. Upon review and assessment of the supplemental info provided will determine whether we will move forward with a consultation.
3) Schedule your Complimentary Consultation:
If all systems are go, then we schedule a consultation.
Complimentary consultations are up to 1/2 hour and are conducted by phone. They are scheduled during normal business hours Mon-Thurs 9:00-4:30 pm MST.
wondering why an initial project consultation is necessary?
A designer that truly cares about a potential client is going to ask lots of questions. By listening closely, it helps develop trust and allows a potential client to feel understood. Thus, complimentary consultations are actually for your benefit. Also, by asking relevant questions, it can determine whether or not we are a good fit for a project.
Along with the information in the box below, check out the post: I’d Love to Help You, But I Need Some info First…
It provides more detailed info – including how a consultation can save you money!
- Assessing what your actual needs may or may not be.
- Consider the best solution for your particular project.
- Other important aspects you may not have considered.
- Gauge a client’s level of commitment to a given project.
- How much you’re willing to invest in this project.
- Determining if we may be a good fit moving forward.*
*Future Primitive Graphics focuses on working with socially and environmentally engaged businesses and organizations. As such depending on your business and or industry, we may not be a good fit.
why project pricing is NOT provided prior to an initial consultation
The investment necessary to bring a project to its fruition varies based on a client’s objectives, the project scope, appropriate design styles/trends, the technologies utilized for its proper execution and its final destination. As such, project pricing is NOT provided prior to an initial consultation.
Projects are assessed individually. Pricing info is estimated accordingly and provided AFTER the initial consultation and upon review of the information gathered.